Software Engineer (II - IV)
JOB DESCRIPTION – SOFTWARE ENGINEER II - IV
Global Air Logistics and Training, LLC (GALT) is a non-traditional defense contractor whose vision is a rapid innovator solving the world’s critical security challenges to enable warriors to win…decisively. GALT subscribes to Col John Boyd’s tenet “Wars are won by people, ideas and equipment, IN THAT ORDER.” Warriors need tools (equipment) that are flexible. GALT will always satisfy the warrior with such tools.
Founded in 2015, GALT provides simple, effective information capabilities to support all levels of war and to drive information to the lowest levels possible, enabling faster decision cycles and decisive results. GALT uniquely focuses on architecture solutions, effective open systems integration and rapid prototyping, fielding and operations.
San Diego, CA
GALT is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer II-IV. GALT currently has a small software team and is ready to grow. This is a chance to get in early and build a team, environment, and culture the right way. GALT seeks engineers that are experienced, talented, motivated, creative, collaborative, self-starting, and/or just the right combination thereof.
The qualified candidate will work in a rapid integration and testing environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The selected candidate will work primarily full-cycle software development but will need to coordinate and work alongside hardware, RF, mechanical, and electrical engineers to fully understand the systems and components being integrated into our Systems-of-Systems. Some customer site support activities, and demonstration test and evaluation activities. Some travel may be required.
Skills, Experience, and Education
• B.S. in computer science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in full stack software development
• Knowledge or experience in Python, Java, C/C++. Multiple languages will be required. A desire to step out of your comfort zone and grow as required.
• Experience with build tools; npm, gulp, webpack, gradle, maven, ant, etc.
• Understanding and experience using/developing Restful APIs
• Experience with geospatial toolkits or frameworks; CesiumJS, ArcGIS, OpenLayers, etc.
• Experience with version control systems and related best practices, particularly Git
• Strong experience with Linux OS (RHEL, CentOS)
• Knowledge of DevOps procedures, processes, practices and an ability to help build the necessary infrastructure
• A desire to automate everything and the wisdom to know when not to
• Some networking experience a plus
• Awareness and or experience with cyber-security best practices, tools, procedures, coding standards, use of third-party software, etc.
• Secret Clearance preferred
• Experience with RF networks, CDL, Link 16, etc.
• Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic environment
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Strong oral and written communications skills
• Strong critical and analytical thinking
• Ability to take initiative, multi-task and work well under pressure
To apply for this position, send your cover letter and resume using the links provided below. Please clearly indicate the position sought in the subject line. Thank you.